Access control systems requirement
• Access Control is the use of qualifying devices or identification methods at various points to control the movement of people and vehicles into or out of an area or building. It limits access to a building to people who have authorization to enter through selected points. In essence, it can control WHO goes WHERE and WHEN.
Access control systems requirement:
· A. Reference Standards: Systems specified in this Section shall meet or exceed the requirements of the following:
1. Federal Communications Commission (FCC):
a. FCC Part 15 – Radio Frequency Device
b. FCC Part 68 – Connection of Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network
2. Underwriters Laboratories (UL):
a. UL294 – Access Control System Units
b. UL1076 – Proprietary Burglar Alarm Units and Systems
3. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
a. NFPA70 – National Electrical Code
4. Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA):
a. RS232C – Interface between Data Terminal Equipment and Data Communications Equipment Employing Serial Binary Data Interchange
b. RS485 – Electrical Characteristics of Generators and Receivers for use in Balanced Digital Multi-Point Systems
5. Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS):
a. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) (FIPS 197)
b. FIPS 201: Personal Identity Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors
6. Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12)
· The ACS system will be used for retricted, control and manage contruction sites, recording of time/attendance of pedestrian (employee, visitor) entering into and coming out of the contruction site. The system will comprise of an acces control software to be loaded on to PCs, which in turn will be interfaced with turnstiles, barriers and related hardware like proximity readers, Smartcard Reader, Biometric Reader, controllers etc. for access control.
· The proposed system shall have proven capacity to handle real-time monitoring of normal transactions of occurred events, all alarms (including doors that may be intentionally left opened as a results of security breach) and status signals.
· Basic components of ACS includes:
Card Access Control System
Alarm Management System
Time Management System
System Reports Generation and Logging
Can be Interfacing with other system such as: barriers, elevator, CCTV, Fire alarm, IAS etc.
Card Imaging, Personalization and Printing System
· Basic Hardware Components includes:
Exit reader (or exit button)
PC, Hub-switch, UPS
ACCS management software
· The door controller will be used to control for 02 readers. It is also used for connecting all elements of door such as reader, magnetic lock, and exit button. It will receive command from controller to open / close the door.
· The elevator controller will be used to control for 01 readers. It connect to outputs module to interface with elevator that number of outputs corresponding to the controlled floor .
· All elevator controllers connect to Main controller via RS-485 communication lines. The main controller connect with PC server via LAN network.All door controllers connect direcly to PC server via LAN as standalone controller.
· All the transactions will be storage in memory of controller as temporally and transmit to server at centre server.
· Each controllers has capability for operating without the connected with centre server that make the system more reliable and continuously.